MAGIC DISCUSSION YO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something New For Mai Awesome Deck

4 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Something New For Mai Awesome Deck - Page 2 Empty Re: Something New For Mai Awesome Deck

Post  yukirukun Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Lol bitch
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Something New For Mai Awesome Deck - Page 2 Empty Re: Something New For Mai Awesome Deck

Post  Haatweels Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:51 pm

<3 u too sandar
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddrmaster1331 Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Ok zande ,rif you repost your deck i can actually make modifications now. I might be able to help.
Ddrmaster1331
Ddrmaster1331

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:28 pm

What, with the white? I did, it's on the first page.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddrmaster1331 Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:35 pm

I saw... i forgot to comment though.

it seems that since theres a lot of cards you only have 1 of its risky that you'll get them in a game. Also o-ring as we have commented is not the perfect removal and it would be wise to find some more if you can.
Ddrmaster1331
Ddrmaster1331

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, the thing is, I think that there are enough good cards there that if I don't get like...Master Transmuter and Inkwell, that I will get Master of Etherium and Sphinx of the Steel Wind. I *think* I'll always have something to play, and I have Reshape and Sphinx Summoner in there just in case I don't.

Also, Oring is just about as good as I'm going to get without getting 4-5 drop removals that I think would be a waste of a turn compared to Oring. I *might* look into Path to Exile, but I hate giving my opponent a mana advantage like that. Maybe late in the game...
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ddrmaster1331 Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Ok, sounds good to me!

Just watch out for this card...

http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Shattering+Spree

Last edited by Ddrmaster1331 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ddrmaster1331
Ddrmaster1331

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 pm

YES! Chris seal of approval.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:54 am

I switched some stuff around. I figured out I like Unmake better than Oring, and Agony Warp was still worth a spot. So here:

Ornithopter x2
Etherium Sculptor x4
Metallurgeon x1
Master of Etherium x2
Skill Borrower x1
Tezzeret, the Seeker x1
Master Transmuter x1
Razormane Masticore x1
Sphinx Summoner x2
Nim Devourer x1
Sharding Sphinx x1
Grim Poppet x1
Platinum Angel x1
Inkwell Leviathan x1
Sphinx of the Steel Wind x1
Darksteel Colossus x1
(22)
-------------
Unsummon x1
Righteousness x1
Agony Warp x1
Oblivion Ring x1
Genesis Chamber x1
Unmake x2
Sculpting Steel x2
Infiltrator's Magemark x1
Scourglass x1
Persuasion x1
Reshape x1
Sword of Kaldra x1
Shield of Kaldra x1
Helm of Kaldra x1
(16)
-------------
Island x5
Swamp x1
Plains x1
Arcane Sanctum x3
Seat of the Synod x4
Vault of Whispers x4
Ancient Den x4
(22)

I'll work on the sideboard later, I guess.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 am

Ornithopter x2
Etherium Sculptor x4
Metallurgeon x1 <== You might want to up the amount: most destroy-artifact effects don't come with "They can't be regenerated"
Master of Etherium x2
Skill Borrower x1 <== Risky... But sometimes lifesaving
Tezzeret, the Seeker x1
Master Transmuter x1
Razormane Masticore x1
Sphinx Summoner x2
Nim Devourer x1
Sharding Sphinx x1
Grim Poppet x1
Platinum Angel x1
Inkwell Leviathan x1
Darksteel Colossus x1
(22)
-------------
Unsummon x1 <== Boomerang? Since blue is your main
Righteousness x1
Agony Warp x1
Oblivion Ring x1
Genesis Chamber x1
Unmake x2
Sculpting Steel x2
Infiltrator's Magemark x1<=== This is like your only enchantment... might as well switch it for whispersilk cloak (cept persuasion... but that's not really practical. Also the cloak is an artifact for sculpter and other purposes)
Scourglass x1
Persuasion x1
Reshape x1
Sword of Kaldra x1
Shield of Kaldra x1
Helm of Kaldra x1
(16)
-------------
Island x5
Swamp x1
Plains x1
Arcane Sanctum x3
Seat of the Synod x4
Vault of Whispers x4
Ancient Den x4
(22)

Also:

Might I suggest *1* panorama?
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:29 am

Yeah, I did actually consider doing that with Infiltrator's...it just doesn't feel like it has a place in my deck anymore D: So all systems go there with your approval.

Otherwise, I don't really *have* another Metallurgeon, but I should be able to find it with some of the nicer traders (i.e. not you or Momo D:)

Thx bro
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Something New For Mai Awesome Deck - Page 2 Empty =D

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Well the unmake and oring is up to you. Just remember that you're trying to pull it off with 3 mana from your two splashish colors.

Oring is slower, but lets you get rid of other artifacts and enchantments that really can become pesky. However, unmake is good to take out those stealth attackers like Bloodbraid Elf cascading into Jund Hackblade combo that Mo is pulling.

Also, You yourself have to admit Tier 1 ppl are really cheap when it comes to trading (IE Mo, me, you, Vish) Twisted Evil

Metallurgen is just something to consider. I like Esper because it has combat tricks as well as defense from white and offense from black. But since you're not playing a balance and just having white and black as splashes, some things that would normally be pretty good (ie Sphinx summoner into etherium shieldmage to shield all your guys for a 2 turn seige instead of just pumping them slightly and bringing out a battleaxe with the MoE.) Still, consider combat tricks like that because unsummon (or pull via shard) is really good when paired with summoner. You can smash out bombs. Also, have you tried sphinx summoner into sphinx summoner before? 2 4/4s and more boost for MoE. Twisted Evil
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Well, the way I see it up there I have 8 sources of B and W mana, 16 in total for both, so that's more than enough to get the three W or B for Unmake. I like Unmake better because there's no enchantment left behind or anything; the monster just dies with no stipulation. I was scared about Oring when I decided to put Scourglass in there, as Scourglass would kill Oring.

I try not to be so cheap...I will definitely trade things I don't need to people that do need them, but trading everything off into my one deck might just be a stylistic choice on my part. Still, I like to think it's nicer Very Happy

I actually do think putting in another Metallurgeon is a good idea. I made the alteration already, as it were. Took out an Ornithopter. Also, I realized I totally forgot Soul Foundry, so I took out Infiltrator's for it. I want my flood of MoE, kthx.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 pm

" I was scared about Oring when I decided to put Scourglass in there, as Scourglass would kill Oring."

That could lead into some interesting combos, such as Oringing your own stuff then scourglassing everything but that (IE your NON-Artifact stuff)
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:46 pm

More like I have no non-artifact stuff D:
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:10 pm

LoL Ur deck turned into Mo's without white xD
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:16 pm

I guess it did. But I like artifacts, so D:<
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Metal ass
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Ass metal
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

ew
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

We
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Haatweels Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 pm

New list?
Haatweels
Haatweels

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:20 pm

New editz...

Etherium Sculptor x4
Tidehollow Sculler x2
Tidehollow Strix x1
Metallurgeon x1
Master of Etherium x2
Skill Borrower x1
Master Transmuter x1
Clone x1
Tezzeret the Seeker x1
Ethersworn Adjudiator x1
Sphinx Summoner x2
Nim Devourer x1
Sharding Sphinx x1
Grim Poppet x1
Filigree Angel x1
Platinum Angel x1
Inkwell Leviathan x1
(21)
-------------
Unsummon x1
Agony Warp x1
Oblivion Ring x2
Genesis Chamber x1
Unmake x1
Sculpting Steel x1
Soul Foundry x1
Scourglass x2
Reshape x1
Sword of Kaldra x1
Shield of Kaldra x1
Helm of Kaldra x1
(17)
-------------
Island x4
Swamp x1
Plains x2
Arcane Sanctum x3
Seat of the Synod x4
Vault of Whispers x4
Ancient Den x4
(22)

My next step will probably we weaseling MoE from Ben...shouldn't be too difficult.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  PENOR Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Forget Metallurgeon and Clone and get 2x Sanctum Gargoyles.

Seriously, everyone has so much removal now, it's dumb to not have any sort of resurrections/etc.

And btw, one Unmake isn't going to help much. Consider getting more or trashing it.

PENOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yukirukun Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:10 pm

I was going to forget Metallurgeon for another MoE if I can get one from Ben, but I don't see why I need to get rid of Clone. I got rid of a Sculpting Steel for it, and I could either copy like MoE or something so they have two they have to remove, or Filigree Angel/Sphinx Summoner to get that come into play ability. Or I could always copy an opposing creature like Mirror Sigil >:D

Although I do see what you're saying about bringing stuff back...maybe I'll look into Dread Return.

I also see what you're saying about the Unmake. Perhaps I will discard it for something else.
yukirukun
yukirukun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next